What is Zen Fit?
Zen Fit is a revolutionary mind-body group fitness program built around “yin/yang meditations” .By pairing Taijiquan-inspired movement with Taiji philosophy; Zen Fit takes mind-body fitness to a whole new level.
Through its Yin Yang based approach, Zen Fit offers a relaxing environment where it seeks to inspire and enable a modern, balanced lifestyle. By combining physical exercises with mindfulness cultivation this program helps the practitioner to reduce stress and strengthen the body at the same time.
Characteristics of the Training System
• Easy: Zen Fit can be practiced by many different people. The movements are fairly simple and you only have to follow along to experience the basic philosophical view of Taiji. You don’t need to remember too many details and learn new movements to attain this goal.
• Highly Effective: All the movements are not only Taijiquan based movements, but also conform to training principles of modern sport science. This makes the training highly effective. The main goal is to increase practitioners’ Quality of Life, helping them have more balance between body and mind.
• Fun: Every training section is made on the beat of the music, creating a fun and active environment. Some sections will require group work making it more fun and interactive.
Based on the concept of Yin Yang balance, Zen Fit offers 8 opposing concepts which are designed into different training sessions.Each training session…
• places special emphasis on different physical functions；
• has its own short form based on its theme；
• has its own Zen story based on its theme；
• has its own unique music based on its theme.
Each session is also broken into three cycles of “Relax, Root and Flow”. The ‘Relax’ cycle lets one relax his/her body and focus on one’s breath, the ‘Root’ cycle emphasizes leg power and teaches you to root into the earth. Finally, the ‘Flow’ cycle lets one combine movements into a flowing stream.